Setting Up Your Forest School CPD – Date to be rescheduled
17th June 2020
Date(s) - 17/06/2020
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Wonder Full Early Years Training Hub
In light of the Covid-19 situation, this event is under review and is likley to be rescheduled for later in the year
A hands-on CPD day with skills, advice and support to set up a successful forest school programme. Schools, nurseries and groups who are just starting forest school, ready to set up, or just thinking about what’s involved, will benefit from this practical day which will include:
- What is – and what isn’t – forest school
- Developing your grounds for forest school
- Overcoming barriers in your setting (from weather to clothing to insurance to attitudes)
- Risk assessment and policies
- Engaging stakeholders (leadership, parents, pupils and caretakers)
- Practical games, activities and ideas to try
Course trainers are Phil Lowde from Bear and Lapor and Annie Berrington from Get Out More CIC, two of the most experienced forest school providers in the district.
FULL BFSN MEMBERS: £50
ASSOCIATE BFSN MEMBERS & NON-MEMBERS: £75 (Please note that you can become a full member immediately. Just book a member’s ticket, fill out the online form on the website & pay your membership fees).